Shrimp Stir Fry
This is absolutely THE BEST recipe for Shrimp Stir Fry ever! Sometimes we use sesame oil instead of the olive oil.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, 5 minutes, then remove from skillet.
- Return skillet to heat and heat sesame oil. Add broccoli, peas, and bell pepper and cook until soft, 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, lime juice, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Add to skillet and toss to coat.
- Add shrimp, and cook until heated through, 2 minutes.
Photo credit: ehpien on VisualHunt.com