Sichuan Green Beans with Walnuts
Sichuan Green Beans with Walnuts are packed with spicy flavor from chili garlic sauce, ginger and Sichuan peppercorns. Walnuts add toasty flavor and texture.
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 (2 inch) long narrow piece fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 medium green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
- Place walnuts in a large skillet and cook over medium heat for a few minutes to lightly toast; remove and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook for a few minutes or until just starting to soften, tossing frequently.
- Stir in ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add soy sauce, garlic, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, peppercorns and sugar; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until some of the excess liquid has cooked off and green beans are saucy and crisp-tender.
- Stir in green onions and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and sesame seeds.
Total: 25 min | Yield: 6 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Nutrition information: Calories130 cal Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 5.338g Monounsaturated Fat 3.71g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 550mg Carbohydrates 8g Dietary Fiber 3g Added Sugars 3g Protein 3g Vitamin D 0mcg Calcium 40mg Iron 1mg Potassium 240mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: