As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces thin dried rice noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 6 fresh red or green chiles, seeded and finely shredded
- 6 fresh or canned water chestnuts, peeled if fresh, sliced
- 2 ounces Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed, and finely shredded
- 1/4 pound Chinese barbecue pork or cooked ham, finely shredded
- 3 scallions, finely shredded
- 4 ounces cooked small shrimp, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups small, sweet frozen peas, thawed
- Cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Indian Madras curry paste or powder
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup good quality ready-made chicken stock
- Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of warm water for 25 minutes,
then drain them in a colander or sieve.
- In a small bowl,
combine the eggs with the sesame oil, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the peanut oil. When it
is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, ginger, and chiles
and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the water chestnuts, mushrooms,
pork or ham, and scallions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the
rice noodles, shrimp, and peas and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
Add all the sauce ingredients and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes
or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Now pour the egg mixture
over the noodles and stir-fry constantly until the egg has set.
Turn the noodles on to a large platter, garnish with cilantro leaves
and serve immediately.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 9:37:41 am.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Ken Hom-Great Food
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes