Sizzling Rice Soup
- 8 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Spread on a greased 15
x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours or until dried
and browned, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Combine broth, chicken, mushrooms, onions, bamboo shoots, water
chestnuts, bouillon and garlic powder in a large soup kettle or
Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- Add peas; cook for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a skillet. Fry rice in hot oil
until it is slightly puffed.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Immediately
spoon some hot rice into each bowl and it will sizzle.
Prep Time: 2 hr 30 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
Total Time: 3 hr 45 min | Makes 10 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving): Calories: 191 Total
Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 21 mg Sodium: 1043 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 20 g Fiber: 2 g Protein: 12 g
Recipe and photograph courtesy of College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.