Spiced Pork (China)
- 3 pounds lean pork chops
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 teaspoon pared, grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Chinese Mixed Pickles
- Trim chops, discarding fat and bones.
- Mix cornstarch, 2 tablespoons of the soy
sauce, the sherry, ginger, five-spice powder and pepper. Add pork,
one piece at a time, to cornstarch mixture, turning to coat completely.
Cover and let stand 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F. Cook
1/2 of the pork in oil until brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain on absorbent paper. Cook and drain remaining pork. Cut pork
into 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide slices. Transfer pork to serving dish;
- Combine water, bouillon and remaining 1 tablespoon
soy sauce in small saucepan. Heat until mixture boils. Pour mixture
over sliced pork. Garnish with Chinese Mixed Pickles.
Makes 4 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.