Spicy Chicken with Peanuts
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 dried red chiles, split lengthwise in half
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons good quality ready-made chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Chinese white rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat a wok over a high heat.
Add the oil and chilies and stir-fry for a few seconds (you may
remove the chiles when they turn black or leave them in). Next add
the chicken and peanuts, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken,
peanuts and chiles from the wok and drain in a colander. Put all
the sauce ingredients except the sesame oil into the wok. Bring
to a boil and then turn the heat down.
- Return the chicken, peanuts,
and chiles to the wok and cook for about 3-4 minutes in the sauce,
- Add the sesame oil. Give the mixture a good
stir and remove the chiles, if you prefer; serve immediately.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 9:35:23 am.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Great Food-Ken Hom
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.