Spicy Scallop Dumplings
- 1/2 pound fresh scallops, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 to 26 round (gyoza) dumpling wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine scallops, onion, seasoning sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil
in large bowl; mix well.
- Dip one edge of wrapper into water. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons
of scallop mixture into center of wrapper. Work with 1 wrapper at
a time (cover remaining wrappers to keep them from drying). Fold
the wrapper over to form a half circle, pressing the dry edge on
to the wet edge. Pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining
wrappers and filling. Place dumplings on baking sheet. Cover loosely
with a towel to keep them from drying.
- Mix 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 cup water in large, nonstick skillet.
Arrange half of the dumplings in a winding circle in the skillet,
leaving just a little space between each one. Cover; cook over medium-high
heat for about 10 minutes or until dumplings turn light brown and
- Repear procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2
cup water and dumplings.
- Serve warm with Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce.
- Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Preparation Time: 45 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 24 to 26 dumplings
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Nestlé and meals.com.