- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/8 cup butter
- Rinse the rice several times before cooking to remove excess starch.
- Bring rice, salt and water to a full boil, only stirring once. If you stir rice more than once, you will get a milky texture. Let rice boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain rice in colander and rinse in warm water, being cautious of steam.
- Melt butter in same pot.
- Add 1 cup warm water and rice to pot. Stir well.
- Place lid firmly on pot to keep steam in, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, but keep covered! Allow steam to cook rice for another 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, fluff with fork and serve.