Steamed Sponge "Moon Cake"
- 5 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rice flour (or cake flour)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons melted butter
- Line bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment.
- Beat eggs, water and sugar until
thick and creamy, 10 minutes with a mixer at high speed or 20
minutes by hand.
- Fold in flour, then melted butter. Pour
batter into pan. Fill bottom of wok with water and bring to
a rolling boil.
- Place steamer rack in wok; set cake pan on rack.
Cover. Reduce heat to medium and steam until cake begins to
pull slightly from pan and a wooden pick inserted in cake comes
out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out cake; peel off parchment.
- Serve warm or cool.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.