Stir-Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce
- 1 pound lean beef steak
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions, to garnish
- Cut the beef into slices 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick, cutting against
the grain of the meat. Put them into a bowl. Mix in the soy sauce,
sesame oil, rice wine or sherry, and cornstarch. Let the meat marinate
for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok until it is very hot, then add
the peanut oil. When it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the
beef slices and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the meat from the wok and drain well in a colander set
over a bowl. Discard the drained oil. Wipe the wok clean and reheat
it over a high heat. Add the oyster sauce and bring it to a simmer.
Return the drained beef slices to the wok and toss them thoroughly
with the oyster sauce. Turn the mixture on to a serving platter,
garnish with the scallions, and serve immediately.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 9:44:16 am.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Ken Hom
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.