Stir-Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce
- 1 pound
lean beef steak
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions, to garnish
the beef into slices 2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick, cutting against
the grain of the meat. Put them into a bowl. Mix in the soy sauce,
sesame oil, rice wine or sherry, and cornstarch. Let the meat marinate
for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok until it is very hot, then add
the peanut oil. When it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the
beef slices and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the meat from the wok and drain well in a colander set
over a bowl. Discard the drained oil. Wipe the wok clean and reheat
it over a high heat. Add the oyster sauce and bring it to a simmer.
Return the drained beef slices to the wok and toss them thoroughly
with the oyster sauce. Turn the mixture on to a serving platter,
garnish with the scallions, and serve immediately.
Posted by swm56 at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 9:44:16 am.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Ken Hom