Stir Fried Shrimp with
Ginger and Garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 pound shrimp or prawns,
peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons
- Combine wine, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in
bowl large enough to marinate the shrimp. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Toss shrimp in marinade and set aside for 20 minutes or so.
- Combine ginger, garlic and green onion in another bowl and set
- Remove shrimp from marinade and drain well, reserving
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
When pan is hot, add peanut oil in a thin stream around pan and
let it run into center.
- Add ginger-garlic-green onion mixture
to pan, adjust heat so mixture sizzles.
- Stir-fry until very
fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add drained shrimp and stir-fry until
they begin to become firm, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in marinade;
stir and cook until liquid is nearly evaporated. If shrimp need
a little more cooking, add a tablespoonful or two of water; cook
until it nearly evaporates and shrimp are tender.
shrimp to serving dish and serve.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.