Sweet and Sour Beef Lo Mein
Another great all-in-one skillet meal with superb Asian flavor.
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® top round steak, cut into small strips
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces egg noodles or Chinese-style, thin egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (10-ounce) jars prepared sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Drain juice from pineapple and combine juice with soy sauce and crushed red pepper.
Marinate beef strips in pineapple mixture in refrigerator 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Discard
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in large, nonstick skillet; brown beef over medium-high heat
for 2 minutes. Add pepper and mushrooms; sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Add noodles and pineapple.
- Stir in sweet and sour sauce and sesame seeds. Heat 2 to 3 minutes until hot
throughout, stirring constantly; do not boil. Top with green onions. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo credit: Certified Angus Beef ®