- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound lean boneless beef steak (such as top round, flank or sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 dried hot red chiles
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3-inch long julienne strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained (thinly sliced, if desired)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Cooking Sauce: Stir together all ingredients; set aside.
- Beef: Cut beef with the grain into 1 1/2-inch wide strips; then cut each strip
across the grain into 1/8-inch thick slanting slices. Set aside.
Place a wok over high heat; when wok is hot, add oil. When oil is
hot, add chiles and cook, stirring, until chiles just begin to char.
Remove chiles from wok; set aside.
- Add beef to wok and stir
fry until browned (1 1/2 to 2 minutes); remove from wok and set
aside. Add carrots to wok and stir fry until tender-crisp to bite
(about 3 minutes). Add bamboo shoots and stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Return meat and chiles to wok; stir Cooking Sauce and add. Stir
until sauce boils and thickens.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.