Yip Jai (Steamed Dumplings)
- 12 ti leaves for wrapping
- 2 pounds sweet rice flour
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups chopped char siu
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix flour with water in a large bowl. Mix and knead until dough is workable.
Wash ti leaves and cut out the tough vein back. Cut leaves into
2 x 5-inch pieces. Oil with vegetable oil on both sides. Set aside.
- Make filling of choice.
- Take a piece of dough the size
of a golf ball. Roll and flatten this in your hand. Put 2 tablespoons
filling in the center. Wrap the ti leaf around outside, leaving
the top open. Secure with a wooden pick, if necessary. Place in
a greased bamboo steamer. Steam over boiling water for 15 minutes.
Makes approximately 20 dumplings for each pound of flour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.