Baked Stuffed Papayas (Jamaica)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (12 ounce) papayas
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until
beef is light brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper;
break up tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered until
most of the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cut papayas lengthwise into halves; remove seeds. Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture
in each papaya half; sprinkle with cheese. Arrange in shallow roasting pan. Pour
very hot water into pan to within 1 inch of tops of papaya halves.
- Bake uncovered
at 350 degrees F until papayas are very tender and hot, about 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes