Caribbean Barbecued Pork Chops
- 8 bone-in pork rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 white onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare medium-hot grill. Combine
cumin and salt and press evenly onto both sides of pork rib chops. Add mix of vegetables
and fruit to each skewer.
- Grill chops and kebobs for 12-15 minutes, turning to brown. Brush with honey
barbecue sauce during final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with white rice.
Makes 8 servings (1 rib chop and 1 kebob)
Serving Suggestions: Many large grocery stores now have plantains in their produce
aisle. Grill the chops and the kabobs at the same time.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 272 calories; Protein 21 grams; Fat 5 grams; Sodium
710 milligrams; Cholesterol 45 milligrams; Saturated Fat 1 gram; Carbohydrates 40
grams; Fiber 4 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board