Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 1/4 pounds lean pork loin or rib chops (6 chops) - about 5/8 inch thick
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place all ingredients except pork in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade; cover and refrigerate for basting. Trim excess
fat from pork. Place pork in shallow nonmetal dish or heavy-duty resealable plastic
bag. Pour remaining marinade over pork. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate at
least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Cover and
grill pork 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 8 to 11 minutes, turning frequently and
brushing with reserved marinade, for medium doneness (160 degrees F) or until pork
is slightly pink when cut near bone. Discard any remaining basting marinade.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 183 Calories; 8g Fat (40.8% calories from fat); 22g Protein;
5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium
Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes