Caribbean Smuggler's Haitian
Bungle Rum Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cups dark Meyer's rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy.
Gradually add sugars, beating for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine milk, rum and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with
milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until
blended after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and
floured 13 cup Bundt pan and bake for one hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden
pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to
15 minutes; remove cake from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- May drizzle with over lightly with a confectioner's sugar icing, if desired.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 10/7/2001 7:05 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes