- 3 cups grated coconut (1 large)
- 2 cups fresh corn flour
- 4 ounces raisins (optional)
- 6 ounces shortening
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 pound brown sugar
- 3/4 pound pumpkin
- 1/2 pound sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grate coconut, pumpkin and sweet potato. Mix in sugar, liquids and spices. Add
raisins and flour last and combine well.
- Melt shortening before adding with milk.
- Fold a few tablespoons of the mixture in steamed plantain leaves. Cut into squares
about 8 inches wide.
- Steam Conkies on a rack over boiling water in a large pot or in a steamer until
they are firm and cooked.
Wax paper will work instead of banana or plantain leaves.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes