- 3 cups grated coconut (1 large)
- 2 cups fresh corn flour
- 4 ounces raisins (optional)
- 6 ounces shortening
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 pound brown sugar
- 3/4 pound pumpkin
- 1/2 pound sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grate coconut, pumpkin and sweet potato. Mix in sugar, liquids and spices. Add
raisins and flour last and combine well.
- Melt shortening before adding with milk.
- Fold a few tablespoons of the mixture in steamed plantain leaves. Cut into squares
about 8 inches wide.
- Steam Conkies on a rack over boiling water in a large pot or in a steamer until
they are firm and cooked.
Wax paper will work instead of banana or plantain leaves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes