Corn with Okra and Tomatoes
- 6 ears corn*
- 2 cups cut-up okra**
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut corn from cobs (about 4 cups).
- Cook and stir okra in 1/3 cup butter in 12-inch
skillet over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add corn and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook uncovered until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered until tomatoes are hot, about 3 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
* 2 (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained, can be substituted.
** 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra can be substituted. Rinse under running cold
water to separate; cut crosswise into slices. Cook as directed above.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes