Cuban Chicken with Pineapple
- Juice and grated rind of 1 large lime
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup rich chicken stock
- 3/4 pound freshly chopped pineapple and juice
- 4 tablespoons golden rum
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Rub the lime juice and rind into the chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper
and let stand for half an hour. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the chicken
pieces until just colored. Transfer them to a heavy casserole large enough to hold
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil remaining in the pan until the onion is
tender but not browned. Add the tomatoes, raisins, chile pepper, oregano and bay
leaf and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Pour over the chicken in the casserole and add enough chicken stock barely to
cover. Partially cover the casserole and cook over a low heat for about 45 minutes
until the chicken is tender.
- Put the pineapple and any juice in a small saucepan and cook until reduced to
half. Add the rum and mix thoroughly and cook for a minute or two. Pour over the
chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes