Need something fast and filling for the family? Pork hash gets a Cuban flavor
with this recipe. Serve with a mixed greens salad tossed with a lime vinaigrette
and queso fresco.
- 1 pound ground pork, 90% lean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups new potatoes, cooked, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups tomatillo (green) salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet; add onion and sauté for about
- Add ground pork, breaking into crumbles with the back of a spoon and turning
frequently until browned on all sides.
- Add potatoes, salsa and corn; stir and cook 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Fold in cilantro and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Calories: 360 calories Protein: 28 grams Fat: 15 grams
Sodium: 810 milligrams Cholesterol: 80 milligrams Saturated Fat: 6 grams Carbohydrates:
27 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes