Fried Adobo Chicken
(Chicharrones de Pollo - Dominican Republic)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (3 pound) frying chicken, drumsticks and wings intact
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Adobo: Combine lime juice, soy sauce and garlic in a large bowl.
- Chicken: Cut each breast into 4 pieces and each thigh into 2 pieces; rinse and
pat chicken dry. Toss chicken pieces in the adobo so that they are thoroughly coated.
Marinated the chicken, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning
the pieces after 2 hours have elapsed.
- Mix together flour, paprika and black pepper in a medium shallow dish. Shake
the adobo off the chicken pieces and roll them, one by one, in the flour so that
they are evenly coated.
- Heat 2 inches vegetable oil in a deep fryer, kettle or large deep skillet to
325 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken in batches of 4 pieces until golden, approximately
6 minutes per side. The drumsticks will take a little longer to cook. Do not fry
more than 4 pieces at once or the oil will cool down during cooking. Drain chicken
on paper towels. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven.
- Cook the remaining 3 batches of chicken and serve at once.
Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer and 4 as a main dish.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.