Havana Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 limes or 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 oranges
- Slice tenderloin into medallions 12-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in large, heavy
skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat, garlic, oregano and chili powder.
- Flip meat over after it is well browned on first side, and allow to brown on
the other, about 2 minutes per pound. Reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, stir together juice of three limes, sugar, cilantro and soy
sauce. Add to meat in skillet and stir well. Remove from heat.
- On four plates, arrange spinach leaves.
- Peel the oranges and remove as much of
the white pulp as possible. Slice oranges crosswise and arrange on top of the spinach.
- Spoon meat on top
of greens and oranges. Drizzle remaining pan juices over all.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.