- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon
rind. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly in texture.
- Beat eggs with milk and
add to flour mixture. Blend until just moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Add raisins and coconut and mix again - just enough to incorporate.
- Using an ice cream scoop or
tablespoon, portion dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Brush the tops of each bun
with beaten egg whites and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Buns should be golden brown and firm to touch.
Yield: 24 buns
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes