Jamaican Codfish Fritters (Stamp and Go)
- 8 ounces cod fillets
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon
ground red pepper
- Heat fish and just enough water to cover to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
until fish flakes easily with fork, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
- Cool and flake.
and stir onions in 2 tablespoons oil until tender.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 inches oil to 360 degrees F.
- Beat remaining ingredients with
hand beater until smooth.
- Stir in fish and onions; drop by level tablespoonsful
into hot oil. Fry 5 or 6 at a time until golden brown, turning once, about 4 minutes;
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Makes about 36 fritters.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.