Jamaican Jerk Paste
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Scotch bonnet chile or a 1-inch long habanero, stem removed, halved and seeded, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer the
jerk paste to a medium non-reactive mixing bowl.
- To Use: Coat cubed meat with jerk paste. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator,
stirring once, for at least 3 hours.
- Toss onion wedges, bell pepper, zucchini and
cherry tomatoes in a large mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Thread equal
amounts of marinated meat and vegetables, alternating the ingredients, on 6 metal
- Broil the kebabs 1 to 2 inches from a preheated broiler, rotating them
as they cook, until well browned on all sides. Or you can prepare a grill with wood
chips or charcoal. When the fire is ready, place the kebabs on an oiled grill and
cook until well browned.
- Transfer the kebabs to serving plates and serve with the
rice dish of your choice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes