Jamaican Stewed Chicken
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces (your choice)
- 1 litre bottle ketchup
- 2 to 3 large onions
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes diced (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Clean chicken and place in a large bowl. Slice the onions into thick slices and
separate into rings; add to the chicken. If using tomatoes, dice them and add to
chicken. Add the bottle of ketchup and the black pepper (at least 1 teaspoon is recommended).
This dish should be spicy, but you can use less without affecting the taste.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil; brown chicken on all sides, then place in a covered oven dish. Add
about 1/2 litre of water to the ketchup mixture, until you have a smooth, but not
thick, consistency. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 2 hours or until the chicken just falls off the bones.
This is good served with steamed rice.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes