Maduro en Gloria (Heavenly Bananas)
From Willemsted, Curacao, West Indies, this is named after the famous shipping banking family, Maduro.
This is a dish served
on festive occasions.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 firm bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Curacao liqueur
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the bananas very quickly over high heat.
- Place half the banana slices on the bottom of a buttered pie plate. Blend heavy
cream and cream cheese until very soft. Add sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and liqueur,
beating until light and smooth. Spread half of the mixture over the bananas. Place
remaining banana slices on top, and spread the rest of the cream-cheese mixture
over the dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until almost all the
cream is absorbed and the top is lightly browned. Do not allow all the cream to
be absorbed, or the bananas will become too dry.
- Serve hot. If desired, top with whipped cream.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine March 20, 2002 15:43:15.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes