Mango-Marinated Beef Kabobs
- 1 small ripe mango
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 pound beef boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large firm bananas,
each cut into 6 pieces
- 12 (1 1/2-inch) cubes fresh pineapple
- Pare and remove seed from mango; place mango in blender container. Cover and
blend on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Mix onion mixture,
mango, brown sugar, curry powder, vinegar, salt and pepper sauce in a non-reactive
bowl. Stir in beef.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Alternate beef, banana and pineapple
pieces on each of four 14-inch metal skewers. Brush marinade over all sides of fruit.
- Set oven to broil or 550 degrees F.
- Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat
for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn; brush with marinade. Broil until beef is of medium doneness
and fruit is brown, 7 to 8 minutes longer.
- Heat remaining marinade to boiling.
kabobs with marinade and hot cooked rice, if desired.
Yields 4 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.