Marinated Shrimp Salad
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 scallions (with tops), thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 to 10 drops aromatic bitters
of crushed red pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- Heat water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the shrimp.
Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer until shrimp is pink, about 3 minutes;
- Mix oil, lime juice, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, scallions, tomatoes, garlic,
bitters and red pepper in large bowl; stir in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate at least
- Just before serving, gently stir in avocado. Spoon shrimp mixture onto lettuce-lined
plates with slotted spoon.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve with remaining marinade
Yields 4 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.