Masitas de Cerdo
(Puerto Rico, Cuba and Central America)
These chunks of pork are traditionally made with pork shoulder and are fried.
They are similar to carnitas, the braised pork cubes found on Mexican menus.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice (or use 1/4 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place pork cubes in a self-sealing plastic bag; mix together remaining ingredients
and pour over pork cubes; seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade, and place pork cubes in a shallow
- Roast at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, until pork is tender.
to serving platter and serve hot.