Puerco Asado (Cuban Pork Roast)
- 1 (5 pound) pork roast
- 1 head garlic, mashed
- 3/4 cup bitter orange juice*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 large onions, sliced
* If you don't have bitter oranges, use half orange juice and half lime juice.
- Trim fat from roast and, using knife, pierce some holes on top of the roast.
- Mash garlic with salt and add remaining ingredients, except onions. Rub this on
roast and insert some in the holes.
- Place roast in a bag or glass dish. Cover with
onions and refrigerate overnight. (Can be marinated up to two days.)
- Bake, covered, at 275 degrees F for 5 to 6 hours. (Low temperatures work best.)
Turn roast once halfway through baking.
- Remove roast from oven and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, green onions, chopped tomatoes,
black beans and sour cream.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes