Puerto Rican Beef Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef top round, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raisins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot over moderate heat and brown the
- Add the peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, oregano, tomato sauce,
bay leaves, salt and pepper and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and simmer 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caribbean Recipes