Puerto Rican Cheese Fritters
- 1/2 pound Gouda, Swiss, or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Bread crumbs (for coating)
- Vegetable oil for (deep-frying)
- Combine the cheese, egg, cornstarch and cayenne in the bowl of an electric mixer
and beat on high speed until well blended.
- Roll into small balls using 1 teaspoon of mixture.
- Coat with the bread crumbs, and fry in oil heated to 350 degrees F until
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer.