Puerto Rican Coquito
- 2 cups coconut milk*
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups white Puerto Rican Rum
- Let it cool and then squeeze half the mixture through cheesecloth,
then second half. If you do not get 2 cups, add water to what you have to make the
required coconut milk.
- Put the sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the coconut milk in a
blender. Blend until sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the coconut milk and blend
again. Pour the entire mixture into an enamel pot and bring JUST to a low boil.
Stirring, remove from heat and let cool.
- Add rum and stir thoroughly to completely blend the flavors.
- Bottle and chill
well before serving in very small liquor glasses with a dusting of cinnamon.
This should yield about 4 cups.
* Buy frozen milk in supermarket, or crack and pry the meat from a fresh coconut,
add half the amount of warm water as coconut meat, place in food processor, process
for 2 to 3 minutes.