Puerto Rican Egg Nog (Coquito)
- 2 cups water
- 8 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups white rum (a touch less if you use 151 proof!! Burp!!)
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat water and cinnamon sticks to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium and cook until liquid is reduced to one cup.
- Remove cinnamon
sticks and set liquid aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a 3 quart saucepan with a wire whisk, beat egg yolks and evaporated milk until
well-mixed. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats
a spoon - about 10 minutes (DO NOT BOIL).
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- When cinnamon flavored liquid has cooled, stir in coconut milk, until well mixed.
In serving bowl, combine coconut mixture, yolk mixture, sweetened condensed milk
- Chill well and serve.
Yield: 16 servings
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 12/18/2001 7:07 am.