Shrimp Curry, Caribbean Style
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 medium tomatoes,
chopped, or 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups
cleaned cooked shrimp
- Hot cooked rice
- Cook and stir onion in butter in 10-inch skillet until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, coriander, turmeric, ginger, cumin and red pepper. Heat to boiling;
reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp; heat until shrimp are
hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and chutney.
>> Caribbean Recipes
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.