Tropical Fruit with Chocolate Sauce (Curacao)
- 3 to 4 cups assorted fresh tropical fruit: banana, pineapple, strawberries, carambola, papaya, mango
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or rum
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur or rum
- Prepare Chocolate Sauce.
- Fruit: Toss fruit and liqueur or rum.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring once or twice, at least 1 hour.
- Spoon fruit into dessert dishes; drizzle with Chocolate Sauce.
- Chocolate Sauce: Heat chocolate, milk and sugar to boiling over medium heat,
stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and liqueur. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings