Baked Eggs on Toast
(Jaja na Grzankach - Polish)
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 6 eggs
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread and butter it on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and, using
the tips of your fingers, make a small depression in each piece of toast. Sprinkle
with Parmesan cheese and chives. Carefully drop an egg onto each piece of toast
and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until the eggs reach
the desired degree of doneness.
- Allow 1 to 2 per person.
Serves 3 to 6.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.