- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 - 3 pounds potatoes
- 275 milliliters dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 - 2 tablespoons butter
- Dissolve baking soda in sour cream. Mix the flour, sour cream, baking soda and
egg well. Allow the dough to sit for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling from boiled potatoes mashed with butter, salt and
pepper. Add cottage cheese to potatoes. Add dill to taste. Roll out dough about
1/4 inch thick. Cut out circles with bottom of glass. Place a teaspoon of potato
filling on each circle. Pinch edges together to make a small oblong perogy. Place
pinch edges down on buttered baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- Serve with melted butter and fried onions.
Source: Winnipeg Free Press, 9/28/94
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.