- 1 pound ground round
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 (7 1/2 ounce) cans buttermilk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- In a large skillet, cook ground round, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat,
stirring often to break up lumps of meat, until beef has lost its pink color, about
5 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Off heat, stir in hard-boiled egg, sour cream,
dill, salt and pepper; let filling cool completely.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- One can at a time, separate biscuits. On a lightly floured surface roll out each
biscuit to a 3 1/2 -inch circle. Place about 1 tablespoon filling in the center
of each circle. Fold in half to enclose filling. Press edges with a fork to seal
closed. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake piroshki
15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Keep unbaked piroshki batches covered with
clean kitchen towels.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Baked piroshki can be frozen and kept for up to one month. Thaw and bake