Bohemian Goulash Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, diced
- 6 cups
beef broth or bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound potatoes,
peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter or margarine in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté onion until
- Stir in paprika and vinegar.
- Add meat, broth, marjoram, caraway seeds, tomato
paste, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook gently, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until
meat is tender.
- Dilute flour with a little cooled liquid from pot. Stir into soup.
- Add potatoes
and cook until potatoes are tender.