- 8 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese (remove from
- refrigerator 30 minutes before
- 1 pound (2 cups) butter (remove from refrigerator
- 30 minutes before use)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 can apricot filling
- Powdered sugar, for dusting, as needed
- Combine cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl with electric beaters, or
work with hands to combine thoroughly.
- Add flour, salt and extract, blending until mixture forms a workable dough.
- Chill dough, covered with plastic wrap, for several hours in refrigerator.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Roll each on floured surface with rolling pin
to 1-1/18 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch squares using a sharp knife or fluted
pastry cutter. Place a scant 1/2 teaspoon filling in center; fold over two corners;
pinch to seal.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven on parchment paper-lined baking sheets until
cookies are puffed and golden brown on bottom, about 15 to 20 minutes. Watch
closely at end.
- Remove to cooling rack; when completely cool, store in covered tins until
ready to serve.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Arrange on paper doily-lined trays to serve.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.