Bohemian Plum Dumplings
You can serve these dumplings warm or cold. This can also be used as a side dish
with pork, beef or fowl, or as a dessert, adding cream.
- 12 sweet Italian blue plums, washed and slitopen half way to remove seed
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, (regular or instant)
- 1 heaping cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 stick margarine
- 1 cup bread or pound cake pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fill each plum cavity with granulated sugar and set aside.
- Mix mashed potatoes and flour (add flour gradually).
- Add egg to form a nice light dough.
- Roll the dough out, adding more flour if sticky. Cut into 12 (2 1/2-inch)
squares. Roll a square of dough around each plum so it is sealed.
- Carefully lower each plum into boiling salted water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While plums are cooking, tear bread into pieces and slightly brown in margarine.
- Place crumbs on top of plums and sprinkle sugars on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.