Bohemian Plum Dumplings
You can serve these dumplings warm or cold. This can also be used as a side dish
with pork, beef or fowl, or as a dessert, adding cream.
- 12 sweet Italian blue plums, washed and slitopen half way to remove seed
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, (regular or instant)
- 1 heaping cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 stick margarine
- 1 cup bread or pound cake pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fill each plum cavity with granulated sugar and set aside.
- Mix mashed potatoes and flour (add flour gradually).
- Add egg to form a nice light dough.
- Roll the dough out, adding more flour if sticky. Cut into 12 (2 1/2-inch)
squares. Roll a square of dough around each plum so it is sealed.
- Carefully lower each plum into boiling salted water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While plums are cooking, tear bread into pieces and slightly brown in margarine.
- Place crumbs on top of plums and sprinkle sugars on top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Eastern European Recipes