Brussels Sprouts with Sour Cream (Hungary)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts*
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling.
- Add Brussels sprouts. Heat to boiling; reduce
heat. Cover and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Fry bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; reserve.
- Cook and stir onion in hot bacon fat until tender.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts, sour cream and pepper; heat until hot.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
* 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts can be substituted for fresh Brussels
sprouts; cook as directed on package.