(Serbian Christmas Bread)
- 7 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Warm water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, yeast, shortening and salt. Knead with enough warm water
to moisten until dough separates from hands. Dough should be firm, not tacky.
- Put dough on greased pan. Let rise for 10 minutes in warm area.
- Perforate dough with fork. Insert clean coin (quarter or gold dollar) and spread dough
flat like a pizza.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brown.
Makes 16 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 349 calories, 14 g fat, 0 cholesterol, 7
g protein, 49 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 268 mg sodium, 35 percent calories from