Cesnica (Serbian Christmas Bread)
- 7 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Warm water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, yeast, shortening and salt. Knead with enough warm water
to moisten until dough separates from hands. Dough should be firm, not tacky.
- Put dough on greased pan. Let rise for 10 minutes in warm area.
- Perforate dough with fork. Insert clean coin (quarter or gold dollar) and spread dough
flat like a pizza.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brown.
Makes 16 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 349 calories, 14 g fat, 0 cholesterol, 7
g protein, 49 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 268 mg sodium, 35 percent calories from
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.