Chicken with Dill Sauce
(Kurczeta z Sosem Koperkowyn — Poland)
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat chicken, water, salt and white pepper to boiling in skillet; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Shake half-and-half and flour in tightly covered jar. Stir half-and-half mixture,
dill weed and lemon juice into pan juices. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly;
boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour some of the sauce over chicken; serve with remaining
sauce and with spaetzle or cooked cauliflower, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.