Chicken with Dill Sauce
(Kurczeta z Sosem Koperkowyn — Poland)
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat chicken, water, salt and white pepper to boiling in skillet; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Shake half-and-half and flour in tightly covered jar. Stir half-and-half mixture,
dill weed and lemon juice into pan juices. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly;
boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour some of the sauce over chicken; serve with remaining
sauce and with spaetzle or cooked cauliflower, if desired.