Cream Cheese Kolacky
- 1 (10 ounce) bag dried apricots
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place apricots in medium saucepan; cover with water. Soak overnight.
- Heat the apricots and water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat;
reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring often with fork to mash and adding water
if needed, until smooth and thick, about 10 minutes. (If necessary, you can
chop finely with a knife or process about 1 minute in a food processor or chopper.)
- Add the granulated sugar, stirring until it dissolves. Cool completely.
- Blend together the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl; gradually blend in
flour, using hands once the dough has begun to form, until it can be shaped into
a ball (this may be more or less than 2 cups). Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Divide dough into thirds. Roll out each third on
a floured board into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle, 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 2-inch
squares with a pizza cutter. Place 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of the apricot filling in
the middle of each square. Fold each corner into middle; pinch together. (Moisten
fingers with cold water if dough does not stick.)
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets; bake until golden, about 17 minutes
- Cool on wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 6 dozen
Nutrition information Per cookie: 62 calories, 52% of calories from fat,
4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 7 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 13
mg sodium, 0 g fiber
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.