- 1 1/2 cups warm water (use 1/4 cup of this with yeast)
- 1 (3 ounce) box custard mix (not pudding mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 3 cups flour (may use up to 3/4 cup more if dough is sticky after rising)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix yeast with 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Add custard mix when yeast is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients in order.
- Let rise until double in size.
- Punch down and make walnut-size balls. Grease tops and let rise again on greased
- Make indentations and fill with favorite filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 8 minutes until light brown.